How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jen Marie, Esq. Your Own Question
Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 4865
Experience:  She has worked on all types of U.S. Immigration cases since 2007.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Jen Marie, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My name is ***** ***** i have applied i-130 husband.

Customer Question

hi my name is ***** ***** i have applied i-130 for my husband. i born in pakistan and me and my husband are ***** ***** and had a ***** ***** wedding and i sent my marriage certificate along with other evidence to uscis and now is currently processing at nebraska center they asked for additional evidence and asked for "nikha nama" which is for muslims and i dont know what to do my husband went to many lawyers and even to court no body knows about ***** ***** nikha nama but we got our registered marriage certificate from "nadra" which is a government body in pakistan so let me what to do should i just send nadra certificate?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: i already gave you details
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Immigration Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
did you get the letter too that i just sent you?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Why it's not showing word "Christian " in my question it's showing ***** instead of words "Christian "
Expert:  Jen Marie, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
They are asking for the Nikha Nama for the Muslim marriage but they also mention instructions for the Christian Ceremony. You need to follow those instructions getting a certificate from Church or temple leader. Then it says you can try to make that a civil record by registering it with a magistrate. Try to do that. If you cant do it try to get a letter from an offiical stating they cannot register it and why. You can also send pictures from the wedding as additional proof. The NADRA is not enough. You should write a cover letter explaining clearly that your marriage is a minority marriage in Pakistan since it is Christian and everything that you tried to do to register it.Good luck to you during this process and I hope this answer has helped you!If you are not satisfied with my answer or if I did not understand your question correctly, please ask me for clarification and I will be glad to clarify. Your satisfaction is my goal. Please kindly remember to issue a POSITIVE RATING now before you leave this page by choosing from the ratings. This is very important since it is how I receive credit for my service from what you paid. This question will NOT close after you rate me even though it says "To Finish..". So after rating me, feel free to ask me any follow up questions at no additional cost . Any bonus you wish to provide will be very appreciated.If you have other NEW questions in the future, you can make sure that I answer it for you if you start your new question post with the words "FOR JENNIFER " or write it in the Subject Line.
Expert:  Jen Marie, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hello again.. I see that you were able to view my response to you a few days ago but did not reply. I wanted to know if there were any additional clarifications that I can help you with. Please note that Your satisfaction is my goal and hopefully I can earn your positive rating. Us experts on this site do not earn a salary, we only receive credit if you leave a positive rating. Thanks for your consideration.

Related Immigration Law Questions