How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jen Marie, Esq. Your Own Question
Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 4754
Experience:  She has worked on all types of U.S. Immigration cases since 2007.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Jen Marie, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was born on a US Air Force base in Germany 1972 where my

Customer Question

I was born on a US Air Force base in Germany 1972 where my father was serving as a military officer. I arrived to the US in May the same year as a baby, however, was issued a green card. Both my father and mother were legal residents at the time and did not become citizens until after I was 18. However, I was arrested at that age and was unjustly convicted of a felony. Since then, I was told by Corrections that I was a naturalized citizen. I am now 44 and, after being recently released, learned that I was not naturalized. I wish to renew my green card but avoid any complications with immigration. How can you help?
JA: OK. The Immigration Lawyer will need to help you with this. Anything else I can tell the Immigration Lawyer before I connect you two?
Customer: No that's it for now. Please help.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Immigration Lawyer about your situation and connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Jen Marie, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be the immigration attorney helping you today. To renew your green card you should not have an issue even with the felony arrest. You can submit form I-90 online or by mail and you should not have complications. However, if you tried to naturalize, depending on the exact conviction and circumstances (which would require a separate detailed consultation) you could be denied and then placed in deportation proceedings. I would not recommend you do that without having an attorney study your criminal file. In addition, I do not recommend that you travel outside the US at all unless you are able to become a citizen. Traveling outside the US and trying to come back can trigger issues that do not come up if you never leave the US. You can find the application here Good luck to you during this process and I hope this answer has helped you!If you are not satisfied with my answer or if I did not understand your question correctly, please ask me for clarification and I will be glad to clarify. Your satisfaction is my goal. Please kindly remember to issue a POSITIVE RATING now before you leave this page by choosing from the ratings. This is very important since it is how I receive credit for my service from what you paid. This question will NOT close after you rate me even though it says "To Finish..". So after rating me, feel free to ask me any follow up questions at no additional cost . Any bonus you wish to provide will be very appreciated.If you have other NEW questions in the future, you can make sure that I answer it for you if you start your new question post with the words "FOR JENNIFER " or write it in the Subject Line.

Related Immigration Law Questions