Expert James
Expert James, Immigration Attorney
Experience:  Write FOR JAMES to get my help!
23431962

I currently have a new E2 executive visa. Which company to

Customer Question

I currently have a new E2 executive visa. Which company to use for the EB5 application? the existing E2 sponsor or a new entity?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Expert James replied 1 year ago.
Hello! Thank you for using Just Answer. I am James. I will be assisting you. Please view this as a casual conversation. We will chat back and forth until I have all of the necessary information I need to give you a thorough answer. Once you have received your answer, you will be asked to rate my customer service. This is very important. I do not get a salary here. Your rating is the only way I get credit for doing my job. So please do not forget to do that by giving me a positive rating with 3 or more stars or any of the smiling faces. Also, if you want me to be your personal Expert, just write FOR JAMES at the beginning of any future, new questions, and I will be happy to help you as your personal Expert. ANSWER: I cannot tell you what you should do. But I can say that you can increase the investment you've made into your E-2 company in order to qualify for an EB-5. IT does not have to be a new entity. I hope I have answered your questions. If you want a 30 minute phone call to discuss this or anything else, let me know. I can send you an offer for that. Otherwise, kindly rate my customer service with a positive rating so I get credit for doing my job. You can keep asking questions even after you have given a rating. REMINDER: I do not get a salary here, so your positive rating for my customer service is the only way I am rewarded for doing my job. If that does not happen, it is as if I never worked; I am sure you agree that would not be an ideal outcome. So please do not forget to give me 3 or more stars, or any smiling faces, in order to help me get credit for doing my job. Keep in mind, you are not rating the state of the law or the outcome of your situation, which I cannot control. You are rating my customer service. Believe me that I always want to give you good news. But if the outcome is not what you wanted, blame the government and the law, not me. I am only a messenger. Negative ratings are reserved for Professionals who are rude or unprofessional. Giving me a negative rating does not help you get a different answer or outcome. So do not give a negative rating if you need more help, or if I misunderstood your question. Instead click REPLY so I can continue to assist you. A BONUS is appreciated, if you feel I've earned it. If you have questions in the future, write FOR JAMES in the question and I will be your personal Expert in this category. Thank you!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What do you mean by increasing the investment. There was an initial investment made and documented. we also have a business plan with some projections. Do this new investment and employment need to be extra or more than the business plan projections?
Kindly remember to give me a positive rating before leaving this site today. I do not get a salary here, so your positive rating is the only way I am rewarded for doing my job. If that does not happen, it is as if I never worked, which I am sure you agree would not be an ideal outcome. So please do not forget to give me 3 or more stars, or any smiling faces, in order to help me get credit for doing my job. Thank you! ANSWER: An EB-5 requires an investment of at least $500,000 to $1 million, depending on location. What you invested already can count toward an EB-5, except that reinvested earnings cannot be counted as capital for the purposes of EB-5 investment. At the time of filing the petition for EB-5, you need to show that the investment either has already or will create ten jobs within the next two years. The investment must also be in a new enterprise (created after 11/29/1990. A business plan showing investment projections, alone, is not enough. You either have to have invested the $500,000 or have it in an escrow amount, to show that it is at risk. I hope I have answered your questions. If you want a 30 minute phone call to discuss this or anything else, let me know. I can send you an offer for that. Otherwise, kindly rate my customer service with a positive rating so I get credit for doing my job. You can keep asking questions even after you have given a rating. REMINDER: I do not get a salary here, so your positive rating for my customer service is the only way I am rewarded for doing my job. If that does not happen, it is as if I never worked; I am sure you agree that would not be an ideal outcome. So please do not forget to give me 3 or more stars, or any smiling faces, in order to help me get credit for doing my job. Keep in mind, you are not rating the state of the law or the outcome of your situation, which I cannot control. You are rating my customer service. Believe me that I always want to give you good news. But if the outcome is not what you wanted, blame the government and the law, not me. I am only a messenger. Negative ratings are reserved for Professionals who are rude or unprofessional. Giving me a negative rating does not help you get a different answer or outcome. So do not give a negative rating if you need more help, or if I misunderstood your question. Instead click REPLY so I can continue to assist you. A BONUS is appreciated, if you feel I've earned it. If you have questions in the future, write FOR JAMES in the question and I will be your personal Expert in this category. Thank you!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Does it have to be personal funds?
Sir/Madam, The value of this question is quite low for the detail you are seeking. I have answered your original question. I will answer this, but please consider a BONUS so that my compensation is commensurate with the effort I've put forth. ANSWER: Yes, the funds must be personal funds. They can come from elsewhere, if you can show they are a gift or a loan. But they cannot be corporate capital invested back into the company to reach the requisite amount. I hope I have answered your questions. If you want a 30 minute phone call to discuss this or anything else, let me know. I can send you an offer for that. Otherwise, kindly rate my customer service with a positive rating so I get credit for doing my job. You can keep asking questions even after you have given a rating. REMINDER: I do not get a salary here, so your positive rating for my customer service is the only way I am rewarded for doing my job. If that does not happen, it is as if I never worked; I am sure you agree that would not be an ideal outcome. So please do not forget to give me 3 or more stars, or any smiling faces, in order to help me get credit for doing my job. Keep in mind, you are not rating the state of the law or the outcome of your situation, which I cannot control. You are rating my customer service. Believe me that I always want to give you good news. But if the outcome is not what you wanted, blame the government and the law, not me. I am only a messenger. Negative ratings are reserved for Professionals who are rude or unprofessional. Giving me a negative rating does not help you get a different answer or outcome. So do not give a negative rating if you need more help, or if I misunderstood your question. Instead click REPLY so I can continue to assist you. A BONUS is appreciated, if you feel I've earned it. If you have questions in the future, write FOR JAMES in the question and I will be your personal Expert in this category. Thank you!
Hi, I’m just checking in to see how things are going and to confirm that you received my answers. I have not yet received a rating for my customer service. Do you need more help or need me to explain anything else? Please respond so that I know what to do next. Thank you.