Immigration Law

Immigration Law Questions? Ask an Immigration Lawyer.

Immigration Law

I am a spanish ,citizen ,hoping to stay in the

Customer Question
***** *****,i am a spanish...
***** *****,i am a spanish ,citizen ,hoping to stay in the usa.please how can i go about this. Thank you.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: i am a network engineer, 35year old, with my wife and 2 children, a boy2yrs , and secord a girl 4month old
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Immigration Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Immigration Law
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
hi ,i have just paid 28pound by paypal
4/1/2016
Immigration Lawyer: Expert James, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Expert James
Expert James, Lawyer
Hello! Thank you for using Just Answer. I am James. I will be assisting you. Please view this as a casual conversation. We will chat back and forth until I have all of the necessary information I need to give you a thorough answer. Once you have received your answer, you will be asked to rate my customer service. This is very important. I do not get a salary here. Your rating is the only way I get credit for doing my job. So please do not forget to do that by giving me a positive rating with 3 or more stars or any of the smiling faces. Also, if you want me to be your personal Expert, just write FOR JAMES at the beginning of any future, new questions, and I will be happy to help you as your personal Expert. If you understand that, please answer the following: On what basis did you enter the United States? Visa Waiver Program? What is your status in the US right now? Do you have any family here?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Presently, i am in the UK, with my family,but we are looking to move to the USA, i have been to the US many time but only on visit.
I do not have family in the US.
Hi there, I am so sorry for the long delay. I do not know what happened, but it appears there was some technical issue which caused your response not to appear in my list. I see it now, and am really sorry it took so long to respond. Do you plan to move to theUSA permanently with your family?
OK, thank you very much. Kindly remember to give me a positive rating before leaving this site today. I do not get a salary here, so your positive rating is the only way I am rewarded for doing my job. If that does not happen, it is as if I never worked, which I am sure you agree would not be an ideal outcome. So please do not forget to give me 3 or more stars, or any smiling faces, in order to help me get credit for doing my job. Thank you! During this process, please remember that I do not work for the government. My job is to be honest with you about your situation, and sometimes that means I have to deliver bad news. When you are giving a rating, please do not rate the state of the law or the outcome of your situation. I cannot control those things. I am just a messenger. I know a negative outcome might create negative feelings for you, but those feelings should be directed to the US laws, not me. Thank you for your understanding. ANSWER: The issue I see here is less about whether this would be considered a criminal offense that would cause you issues, and related to a finding of a lack of good moral character, which is required in order to qualify for naturalization. Certainly, this is not a basis for deportation, so your green card is not at risk. But in order to qualify for naturalization, you must show that you are a person of good moral character for the statutory period - either 3 or 5 years - prior to applying for naturalization. In this case, my gut says the officer will find a lack of good moral character for the statutory period, unless you can show somehow that the failure to make those payment was unintentional or you did not know you failed to make those payments. Otherwise, if you cannot show it was involuntary or unintentional, it will be difficult to overcome the perceived lack of good moral character for two intentional entries without payment. It might be worth it to try, if you are eager. But you should know that if it is denied on this basis, you will not recover the fees you paid for the N-400. I hope I have answered your questions. If you want a 30 minute phone call to discuss this or anything else, let me know. I can send you an offer for that. Otherwise, kindly rate my customer service with a positive rating so I get credit for doing my job. You can keep asking questions even after you have given a rating. REMINDER: I do not get a salary here, so your positive rating for my customer service is the only way I am rewarded for doing my job. If that does not happen, it is as if I never worked; I am sure you agree that would not be an ideal outcome. So please do not forget to give me 3 or more stars, or any smiling faces, in order to help me get credit for doing my job. Keep in mind, you are not rating the state of the law or the outcome of your situation, which I cannot control. You are rating my customer service. Believe me that I always want to give you good news. But if the outcome is not what you wanted, blame the government and the law, not me. I am only a messenger. Negative ratings are reserved for Professionals who are rude or unprofessional. Giving me a negative rating does not help you get a different answer or outcome. So do not give a negative rating if you need more help, or if I misunderstood your question. Instead click REPLY so I can continue to assist you. A BONUS is appreciated, if you feel I've earned it. If you have questions in the future, write FOR JAMES in the question and I will be your personal Expert in this category. Thank you!
Expert James
Expert James
Expert James, Lawyer