Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
9200179

I am doing the citizen application husband and he was

Customer Question

I am doing the citizen application for my husband and he was deported back in 1994. On the application do I say yes because it was long ago and will this stop him from being a citizen
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 13 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help. How was he able to get a green card with a deportation on his record?
I do not know why you are not responding, but you are not charged per question, per response, nor per answer. So after I give you my answer, you can continue to ask me questions without additional charge until you are satisfied. I apologize if it is a site issue that you posted and the post did not go through. How did he enter the U.S.? Illegally or with a visa? Which visa? What country is he from? How long ago did he enter the U.S.? How old was he when he entered the U.S.? Please try to answer each question. Thank you.
I do not know why you are not responding, but you are not charged per question, per response, nor per answer. So after I give you my answer, you can continue to ask me questions without additional charge until you are satisfied. I apologize if it is a site issue that you posted and the post did not go through. You can feel safe in responding to me because I am not going to ask you your name or your spouse's name or any other private information. If your spouse re-entered the U.S. illegally after deportation, then he could be charged criminally. I would not file an I-130 for him because even if approved, he would still need an I-601A waiver pre-approval if he entered the U.S. illegally. If he was deported in 1994 and re-entered the U.S. illegally, he most likely would be denied a pre-approval or final approval of the I-601A waiver and it could subject him to criminal charges. So please be careful. I am just trying to keep him out of trouble. I hope you understand that. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! When we are done, if you would be so kind as to leave a positive rating for my service, I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars if you see them, or the smiley faces if you see them. If you do not see any stars or smiley faces, please at least leave a THANK YOU for me so I can let the administrators know. Your question thread does NOT close, so you can ask additional questions without additional charge even after leaving a positive rating. Thank you for your understanding.
Hello Vanessa. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!
Hello Vanessa. Thank you for your kindness and respect. Good luck to you.