How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jen Marie, Esq. Your Own Question
Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 5079
Experience:  She has worked on all types of U.S. Immigration cases since 2007.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Jen Marie, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I lost my original USCIS Form N-565 a time ago and have a

Customer Question

I lost my original USCIS Form N-565 a long time ago and have a name change due to a divorce. I downloaded Form N-565 and instructions. Information on the form I do not have include: Part 1 - Certificate #, Alien Registration #; Part 3 - USCIS Office ( and Date); Part 9 - Receipt # ***** the screen. I have tried the USCIS on chat, I called ******** and got nowhere. What do I do?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Jen Marie, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Make sure that you write your name as it appeared on your original certificate. If you do not know the Certificate # ***** just write "certificate lost" Your alien number appears on many old documents. If you have a copy of your old greencard or any receipt notices from USCIS/INS it should appear there as well. If you absolutely cannot find it anywhere then write "do not have" under Alien #.

For USCIS Office write the city of where you received your naturalization, at least the state. If you absolutely do not remember at all write "do not recall"

I do not see where it says Receipt # ***** the screen in Part 9.

Good luck to you during this process and I hope this answer has helped you!

If you are not satisfied with my answer or if I did not understand your question correctly, please ask me for clarification and I will be glad to clarify. Your satisfaction is my goal.

Please kindly remember to issue a POSITIVE RATING now before you leave this page by choosing from the ratings. This is very important since it is how I receive credit for my service from what you paid.
This question will NOT close after you rate me even though it says "To Finish..". So after rating me, feel free to ask me any follow up questions at no additional cost .

Any bonus you wish to provide will be very appreciated.

If you have other NEW questions in the future, you can make sure that I answer it for you if you start your new question post with the words "FOR JENNIFER " or write it in the Subject Line.