How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 109346
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Visa Application my mother made a petition in 2012 under

Customer Question

Visa Application my mother made a petition for me in 2012 under FB2. I however want to visit the united states to see my sister who is having her baby in May. Do you think I can acquire a visa?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Like I mentioned earlier, my mother this petition in 2012 for me. My sister however is due to have a first child in May this year and she wants me to be her birth partner as its her first and she'll be alone. I want to find out if I can apply for a visa at the US consulate to visit my sister for her birth and return to my home country? I work full time and can afford the expenses on the trip, My company is willing to give me all the necessary supporting documents I require as well
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Immigration Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 13 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help.

What country are you from? What ties do you have in your country that would make you go back home?

Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

I do not know why you are not responding, but you are not charged per question, per response, nor per answer. So after I give you my answer, you can continue to ask me questions without additional charge until you are satisfied. I apologize if it is a site issue that you posted and the post did not go through.

You can apply for the B-2, but most likely they will not approve it. Why? Because to get one, you are supposed to have immigrant intent and when you have a pending I-130, that is evidence of immigrant intent. Luckily, you can try and if you fail, it will not have a negative impact on your mother's petition for you. If you get the B-2 approved and you attempt to enter the U.S., at that time you must prove a second time that you have the intent to go back home. As long as you do not lie about anything, it will not hurt your brother's petition if they do not let you in at that time, but there is a small risk of a 5 year bar if they do not allow you to withdraw your request to enter if they decide not to let you in.

So try to apply, but to not lie about anything.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! When we are done, if you would be so kind as to leave a positive rating for my service, I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars if you see them, or the smiley faces if you see them. If you do not see any stars or smiley faces, please at least leave a THANK YOU for me so I can let the administrators know. Your question thread does NOT close, so you can ask additional questions without additional charge even after leaving a positive rating. Thank you for your understanding.

Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!

Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello. I'm just following up with you again to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!