How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Judith Ludwic Your Own Question
Judith Ludwic
Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 28931
Experience:  34 years as practicing immigration attorney, with non-immigrant and immigrant visa experience.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Judith Ludwic is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Greetings! I have a friend who petitions fiance. He has

Customer Question

I have a friend who petitions for his fiance. He has filed for a little over 1 year and when he checks with USCIS, he keeps getting "it is in security check' and it is in normal processing time. He is very frustrated because it has been over a year. Does anyone knows what should he do to speed up the process? thank you in advance for your response.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Judith Ludwic replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am delighted to answer your questions today. I have 35 years experience as an immigration lawyer.

It is not common but it does happen that there is some cause for extensive security investigation and the FBI is very backlogged in these type of cases.

Your friend can contact his US Senator's office and request them to open a "congressional inquiry"

He would start with completing the online request for Sen. Cornyn

They wold then get in touchc with him to have him sign a privacy release so USCIS can communicate with him about his case.

Of course, I am sure you understand your positive rating is very important to me as we are not on salary and that is how we receive compensation, you choosing a smiley face or 3+ stars
In the future, you may begin your questions with “FOR JUDITH” and I will be your personal immigration expert.