Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

Can I join New company while my stem extension is pending…

Customer Question
Can I join New company...
Can I join New company while my stem extension is pending and I got RFE ?Hi,My F1 opt ended on Feb 2, 2016EAD START date: February 2, 2015
EAD END date: February 1, 2016STEM EXTENSION IS PENDING
Status of STEM processing was changed to REQUEST FOR ADDITIONAL EVIDENCEJOB START date: February 17, 2015
JOB LAID off date: January 20, 2016
Severance agreement till: March 30, 2016. Pay is shown as regular full time employee pay I am receiving regular pay and benefits till Mar 30,2016.I was working in a company and got laid off on Jan 20, 2016.
I have severance package for 10 weeks that is ending on March 30,2016. I am considered as a full time employee with all benefits and pay during those 10 weeks. I have pay stubs till March 30, 2016. That shows pay as regular employee pay. But I was not Actively employed.My new employment start date is April 4,2016.
I will be unemployed from March 31, 2016 - April 3 , 2016Unemployment days (not considering severance as regular pay):
Feb 2, 2015 - February 16, 2015 --> 15 days
Jan 21, 2016 - April 3, 2016 --> 74 days
Total = 89 days of unemploymentUnemployment days (considering severance as regular pay):
Mar 31, 2016 - April 3, 2016 --> 4 days
Total = 19 days of unemploymentI confirmed with my university that SEVIS has not been deactivated and nothing has been done from university side.I updated my address with new address and change was confirmed by USCIS on March 16, 2016.1. What should i do here ? Please help and advise2. Can I join New company on April 4, 2016 while my stem extension is pending and I got RFE ?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Immigration Law
Answered in 4 days by:
3/28/2016
Immigration Lawyer: Guillermo Senmartin, Immigration Attorney replied 2 years ago
Guillermo Senmartin, Immigration Attorney

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 13 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help.

Ok. And what is your question? If you have a Consular Report of Birth Abroad, I am not sure what your question is. Please elaborate. Thank you.

Sorry, that last response was not for you and ended up here by accident. I noticed that you requested a refund of the previous question that you had posted. Did the other expert not call you to discuss your question?