How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Immigration Law Answer Team
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 117367
Experience:  Immigration Law Expert
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Sir, On Aug 11, 2010, I had received USCIS's letter stating

Customer Question

Dear Madam, Sir,
On Aug 11, 2010, I had received USCIS's letter stating that my application for refugee resettlement in U.S. had been deferred for further review of my eligibility. Since then I have not received anything. My mother, sister and my brother already received their Green Cards, though, we applied together. My friends with similar cases as well. I received official confirmation, that I passed all Immigration Checks. The U.S. government refugee definition “who is outside his country of nationality because of a well-founded fear of persecution due to race, religion,.....” applies to my case. I am Iraqi, living -terribly, unemployed and with no future - in Jordan for the last 10 years. I can’t return to Iraq, for real threats of killing and persecution due to me, been, Sunni and my father works with CIA and Iraqi Intel, countering terrorism.
Please advise,
Yours sincerely,
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
You said that you have been informed you have passed all of the checks, have you contacted your USCIS case officer recently to find out what their hold up is? As they have to tell you what the issue is with your application if there is any?
Also, what is your specific question for us on this situation?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank you for your reply
I want you to help me, to expedite the approval for immigration and to contact USCIS because her in Jordan we can't contact them to see why this delay. I am waiting since 2010. Is it because of my name...? which was part of the reason that I flee Iraq since 2005 due to numerous death threats. My be I am wrong, but I can feel as if it is the case for the delay. which doesn't coincidence with American Value which I respect and hope to be My safe home. Please advise.
Thank you,
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your reply.
Legally, we are forbidden by law from representing anyone from this site. We can answer questions or provide information. I am sorry, but if you need local counsel, please use the same sites used by other attorneys, or
You are NOT being charged for this response and you can contact customer service at for a refund of any deposit if you like or at***@******.*** or you can call Just Answer customer service at(###) ###-####
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the answer I would like a help in, is it possible to have an American attorney to represent me legally, is there is a smiler case that one can fellow....?
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your reply.
We cannot come up with any similar cases for you to follow because we have no idea why you have not been approved and do not have enough facts.
The sites I gave you links to above would allow you to find a immigration attorney in the US, San Diego would be best since your family is there and they could assist with the attorney, to represent you to try to find out why you are being held up and not approved and then work with USCIS to get the approval
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Mey, I ask about what facts is required to understand the case, I have the case number ***** A file number.
my point, can an attorney help in such a case...or there is no other way but just to wait.
what time is allocated for this inquiry, in case I need some thing in the future.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your reply.
You need to have the information from USCIS and you need to try to call them first to see if they can tell you the status in your case. You have waited long enough, so depending on what the USCIS officer tells you hiring an attorney after that can help you get this process moving. Yes a local attorney can help in many situations, but you need to call USCIS first to find out what the issue is.

Related Immigration Law Questions