Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
9200179

I have 8 years card. I cannot get amercan citezenchip I try

Customer Question

I have 8 years green card. I cannot get amercan citezenchip I try tow time I pay time for ex amen because ican not. Speak. Or understand English. And I been in school many time still very hard learn English what can I do. Now pleAse help me
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 13 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help.

Do you have a medical condition that prevents you from learning English? If not, you may have to learn or you may have to wait until you qualify for an exception. How old are you?

I do not know why you are not responding, but you are not charged per question, per response, nor per answer. So after I give you my answer, you can continue to ask me questions without additional charge until you are satisfied. I apologize if it is a site issue that you posted and the post did not go through.

You would be allowed to take the exam in your native language if you are at least 50 years old with at least 20 years of U.S. Lawful Permanent Residency or at least 55 years old with at least 15 years of U.S. Lawful Permanent Residency.

Since I think you only have 8 years of U.S. Lawful Permanent Residency, you still have awhile to go. That means that you have the following options:

1) Wait until you have enough time as a U.S. Lawful Permanent Resident.

2) Take more classes until you are able to learn enough English.

3) Apply for a medical waiver if you have been under a doctor's treatment for awhile and there is some condition that prevents you from learning English.

Here is an official link to the exceptions and medical waiver:

https://www.uscis.gov/us-citizenship/citizenship-through-naturalization/exceptions-accommodations

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! When we are done, if you would be so kind as to leave a positive rating for my service, I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars if you see them, or the smiley faces if you see them. If you do not see any stars or smiley faces, please at least leave a THANK YOU for me so I can let the administrators know. Your question thread does NOT close, so you can ask additional questions without additional charge even after leaving a positive rating. Thank you for your understanding.

Hello. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!

Hello Hanan. I'm just following up with you again to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!