How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Judith Ludwic Your Own Question
Judith Ludwic
Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 28938
Experience:  34 years as practicing immigration attorney, with non-immigrant and immigrant visa experience.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Judith Ludwic is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Just denied N400 simply because I'm not living with my wife.

Customer Question

Just denied N400 simply because I'm not living with my wife. We have been married for 6 years. I filed based on my over 5 years as a resident. What can I do. Pls advice
JA: OK. The Immigration Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: No
JA: Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: I don't understand why she would denied me even though I passed the test
JA: Is there anything else the Immigration Lawyer should be aware of?
Customer: I actually went today. Due to driving back and forth to work, I ve been living with a friend and do pays rent
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Immigration Lawyer about your situation and connect you two.
Customer: My wife used to visit me. Although we do have our differences but we Copland no problem
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I didn't filed based on 3 years marriage but based on more than five years that I've been residing in the US
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
she gave me a letter that I will hear from her
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How can I get my naturalization
Expert:  Judith Ludwic replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am delighted to answer your questions today. I have 35 years experience as an immigration lawyer.

I need to know the details of you and your wife maintaining separate residences during your marriage.

Why were you not living together? Did your job or her job have you working in different locations?

You could be at risk of USCIS re-opening your adjustment of status if they feel you had a fraudulent marriage and it was on paper only. You need to prove you had comingled your lives with joint assets, liabilities, friends, etc.

Please give me complete details of your marriage.