How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 3952
Experience:  Private practice in several areas, including immigration
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have been estrange from my husband since I came to Ghana.

Customer Question

I have been estrange from my husband since I came to Ghana. he is not into my life and I came here with fiancée visa. What are my option to stay here in America?
Thank you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Judith Ludwic replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am delighted to answer your questions today. I have 35 years experience as an immigration lawyer.

I am somewhat confused.

You said you came to Ghana.

Do you mean you came to the US?

You said you came with a fiance visa.

But that is a visa to get married and you say you have been estranged from your husband. Did you get married after you came on your fiance visa?


Customer: replied 1 year ago.
we got married when I came to America from Ghana 13 years ago. Can I get a divorce without his consent and what will be my status? .
Expert:  Judith Ludwic replied 1 year ago.

I am not a divorce lawyer and cannot answer questions about divorce law. I can answer your immigration law questions.

What is your current immigration status?


Related Immigration Law Questions