Immigration Law

Immigration Law Questions? Ask an Immigration Lawyer.

Immigration Law

I applied of my naturalization certificate in November. If I

Customer Question
I applied for replacement of...
I applied for replacement of my naturalization certificate in November. If I wanted to move out of the state of Florida am I pretty much limited to being able to successfully get a license only from non REAL-ID states ? If not, how can I apply for a license in states that follow REAL ID while my certificate of naturalization arrives ?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Immigration Law
3/22/2016
Immigration Lawyer: Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney replied 1 year ago
Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be the immigration attorney helping you today.

Do you have a US passport?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
no, I never got a chance to apply for a passport. When I got my naturalization certificate I went to the DMV and got my license and then I got my social security number like they tell you to. So all I have is a color copy of my Naturalization certificate and a letter saying that I apply to replace it.

Yes, that is correct then. You can only go to non REAL ID states until you receive the replacement of the certificate because you do not have proof of your legal status right now. You can try using a copy of the certificate but likely it will not be accepted.

Good luck to you during this process and I hope this answer has helped you!

If you are not satisfied with my answer or if I did not understand your question correctly, please ask me for clarification and I will be glad to clarify. Your satisfaction is my goal.

Please kindly remember to issue a POSITIVE RATING now before you leave this page by choosing from the ratings. This is very important since it is how I receive credit for my service from what you paid.
This question will NOT close after you rate me even though it says "To Finish..". So after rating me, feel free to ask me any follow up questions at no additional cost .

Any bonus you wish to provide will be very appreciated.

If you have other NEW questions in the future, you can make sure that I answer it for you if you start your new question post with the words "FOR JENNIFER " or write it in the Subject Line.

Hello again.. I see that you read my answer that I sent you a few days ago. Please let me know if you have any follow up questions I can answer for you. Hopefully I can earn your positive rating, which you would have to issue manually using the stars or happy face. That is the only we experts receive credit. We don't receive a salary here. Thanks for your consideration.

Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney