How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 3963
Experience:  Private practice in several areas, including immigration
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My wife and I are British and hold UK passports. Emigrated

Customer Question

My wife and I are British and hold UK passports. Emigrated to USA 1968 as landed immigrants. went to Canada in 1973. became Canadian landed immigrants 1974. we recently learned that we still are landed immigrants in the USA. we purchased a winter home in Arizona and intend to be in the USA between three to six month per year. we were advised by a US border officer to apply for a six month visa that can be valid for many years,from Canada into the US because we are still British. what advice can you give us. we can be available for a appointment at your office on the 4th or 5th of April.(returning from US at that time)
your sincerely,
James and Janet ******
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

James, JustAnswer experts do not take customers on as clients. You can ask a question and get an answer online. You can also request a phone call (I opt out of phone calls, but other experts can pick it up at your request). Regardless, no appointment in the common sense is possible, I am afraid.

Having said that and assuming this is sufficient, please clarify: "What advice can you give us." Advice at to what? Your status within USA? The way a long term tourist visa works? Etc.

This is not an answer, but an information request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.

Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.
Hello! Just touching base to see if you still needed an answer and if you could reply to my query. Thanks!