How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Judith Ludwic Your Own Question
Judith Ludwic
Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 28814
Experience:  34 years as practicing immigration attorney, with non-immigrant and immigrant visa experience.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Judith Ludwic is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am wondering if there is some way of me entering the USA,

Customer Question

I am wondering if there is some way of me entering the USA, for work (playing guitar on a tour with an artist).
I have a criminal record.
The crimes I have been convicted of are.
Driving with illicit drug present in blood (THC), I was fined $500 and lost my licence for 3 months. 17/12/2015
Driving with suspended licence, without conviction, good behaviour bond for 12 months. 18/6/2015
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Judith Ludwic replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am delighted to answer your questions today. I have 35 years experience as an immigration lawyer.

No not likely.

There is the general waiver under INA 212d3 but your criminal convictions were so recent I doubt the consul will give you the discretionary waiver.

If you had more time showing your rehabilitation you would have a stronger care for yourself.

Of course, I am sure you understand your positive rating is very important to me as we are not on salary and that is how we receive compensation, you choosing a smiley face or 3+ stars
In the future, you may begin your questions with “FOR JUDITH” and I will be your personal immigration expert.


Related Immigration Law Questions