How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Judith Ludwic Your Own Question
Judith Ludwic
Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 28861
Experience:  34 years as practicing immigration attorney, with non-immigrant and immigrant visa experience.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Judith Ludwic is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

N400 filed Dec last year and stuck in processing backlog. GC

Customer Question

N400 filed Dec last year and stuck in processing backlog. GC expiring in few months and filing I90 now. Will I90 filing impact N400 and vice versa?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Judith Ludwic replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am delighted to answer your questions today. I have 35 years experience as an immigration lawyer.

Did you file your N-400 at least 6 months in advance of your GC expiring?

If you did, then when you had your biometrics done the application support center should hae put a sticker on your I-551 extending it for a year.

Filing the I-90 does not affect your pending N-400, nor does the pending N-400 accept your ability to file the I-90 but you could save yourself some money if you filed at least 6 months before your GC expired.

You can make an InfoPass appointment and take the N-400 I-797 fee receipt and ask them to put a temporary I-551 stemp in your passport just before the I-551 expires.

Of course, I am sure you understand your positive rating is very important to me as we are not on salary and that is how we receive compensation, you choosing a smiley face or 3+ stars
In the future, you may begin your questions with “FOR JUDITH” and I will be your personal immigration expert.



Related Immigration Law Questions