How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 3941
Experience:  Private practice in several areas, including immigration
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I came in the US in a tourist visa, I married a us citizen

Customer Question

I came in the US in a tourist visa, I married a us citizen but after 2 months of marriage he divorce me without filing the my petition. I did not response on divorce summon because Im afraid ill get deported and I really dont know what to do. Please help me.
Thank you in advance
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Jen Marie, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be the immigration attorney helping you today.

Is there any chance you two will get back together?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No already talked to him he said no. By the way we live in california
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He went to the philippines and filed the divorce tried to talk to him but he ignored me

Related Immigration Law Questions