How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 109615
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My wife just recently recieved her US citizen status. We

Customer Question

My wife just recently recieved her US citizen status. We would now start the process for her mothers I-130 visa application. Is it possible to include her younger sisters visa application along with her mothers? Her younger sister is 12 years old.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 13 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help.

Unfortunately, no. This is one of the really bad part of U.S. immigration law that needs reform because it separates families. I will tell you what people do in this type of situation, but I ask that you please not shoot the messenger. Shooting the messenger in this case means blaming me for the broken law that has no easy solution which is not my fault and that would result in you leaving a negative rating for me (which is reserved for rude or unprofessional experts), or not leaving a rating at all. I ask that you leave a positive rating for me on my speed and professionalism.

The U.S. immigration law only allows immediate relatives to immigrate without having to wait in the preference categories for a visa. Immediate relatives are spouses of U.S. Citizens, parents of U.S. Citizens that the U.S. Citizen is over 21, or unmarried children under 21 of U.S. Citizens. Siblings of U.S. Citizens are not included regardless of their age. So what most people do is file for the parent or parents, the parent comes to the U.S. within a year or so, immediately filed an I-130 for the minor child and an I-131 Re-Entry Permit for themselves. The I-131 allows the parent to

Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!

Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your kindness and respect. Good luck to you.