How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 108658
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Procedures to find my naturalization date?

Customer Question

Procedures to find my naturalization date?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 13 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help.

Really there are three things you an do:

1) You can file a G-639 Freedom Of Information Act (FOIA) request and get a complete copy of your immigration file which should include the information that you seek. It is free but may take 2 to 3 months or more to process. Here is a link:

2) You can go to and make an appointment to speak to an immigration officer in person and take your IDs and ask them for the naturalization date to see if they will help you.

3) File an N-565 to get a new certificate. Here is a link:

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! When we are done, if you would be so kind as to leave a positive rating for my service, I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars if you see them, or the smiley faces if you see them. If you do not see any stars or smiley faces, please at least leave a THANK YOU for me so I can let the administrators know. Your question thread does NOT close, so you can ask additional questions without additional charge even after leaving a positive rating. Thank you for your understanding.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well, we have nothing else to talk about, I am desperately, and it sounded as if you could have given me my got my money, AND I still have nothing.......what a scam.....congrats
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

That's very unfair of you. You can get your money back just by asking for a refund with no questions asked. Also, I was clear that you could ask additional questions. Please don't throw around baseless accusations. This is NOT a scam. I am a licensed and practicing attorney and I DID give you three options. You said nothing about being desperate before, but even if you had, that information is private and you aren't going to be able to just log on to a website and easily get it. So let's be fair. I want to help, but please do not shoot the messenger. Why are you so desperate that none of these options are good for you?

Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Suzanne, please respond and I will try to help you or I can ask the administrators for a refund for you. Let me at least try to help you first.

Related Immigration Law Questions