Immigration Law

Immigration Law Questions? Ask an Immigration Lawyer.

Immigration Law

Thanks of your help thus far. One last simple question. My

Customer Question
Thanks for all of your...
Thanks for all of your help thus far.
One last simple question.
My friend who will be leaving the au pair program on the J1 au pair visa already had a trip planned with a friend to Hawaii between April 9th and April 16th.I understand that she will be terminating her J1 by leaving the au pair program but I am wondering how long her grace period is before having to leave the country? Is it immediate or is there a 30 day period from the time she leaves the program?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Immigration Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/18/2016
Immigration Lawyer: Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 13 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help.

There is a 30 day grace period that she has to prepare to leave the U.S.

Let me know if you need anything else, but please do not forget to rate me positively. You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars if you see them, or the smiley faces if you see them. Again, if you do not see them, please at least leave a THANK YOU for me so I can let the administrators know you are satisfied. Thank you!

Hello Scott. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!

Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.