Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
9200179

I am an Indian Citizen currently on H1B, my wife is on H4B

Customer Question

Hi, I am an Indian Citizen currently on H1B, my wife is on H4B and she is currently in India. She is planning to move to USA (MA) in the second half of next month. But, I have had enough in our 5 years' married life and want a divorce from her. Can I file and get my divorce in USA (MA) although our marriage was according to Hindu Marriage Act (of India)?
JA: The Immigration Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: Not really, I just wanted to know if this is a possibility and do I stand a chance at all?
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Immigration Lawyer should know?
Customer: She was working and she left her job recently to join me in USA. It was kind of a joint decision, although during the last 3 months' of her service I requested her to withdraw the resignation. We have no kids and have been living separately (she in India and me in USA) since 2013 December. In these past 2.5 years she has made 2 visits of total 3 months' duration and I visited her last October when I went to India on a 3 weeks' vacation.
JA: OK. The Immigration Lawyer will need to help you with this. Our top Immigration Lawyer is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the Immigration Lawyer in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the Immigration Lawyer until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 13 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help.

Yes, you can divorce in the U.S. and it would be valid in the U.S. and her visa would be terminated and if she is in the U.S. when it happens, her status would be terminated as well. As to whether or not it would be valid in India, I cannot say. I can only tell you that the U.S. will recognize a divorce entered within the U.S. and most other countries will also recognize it, and that he visa and status would be terminated upon the divorce being issued.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! When we are done, if you would be so kind as to leave a positive rating for my service, I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars if you see them, or the smiley faces if you see them. If you do not see any stars or smiley faces, please at least leave a THANK YOU for me so I can let the administrators know. Your question thread does NOT close, so you can ask additional questions without additional charge even after leaving a positive rating. Thank you for your understanding.

Hello. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!

Hello. I'm just following up with you again to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!

Thank you for your kindness and respect. Good luck to you.