How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jen Marie, Esq. Your Own Question
Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 4754
Experience:  She has worked on all types of U.S. Immigration cases since 2007.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Jen Marie, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Ice came to my home this moring to pick up my husband what

Customer Question

Ice came to my home this moring to pick up my husband what happens next
JA: The Immigration Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: No everything is closed today and im so confused what i should do
JA: Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: Ok what do you need to know
JA: Is there anything else the Immigration Lawyer should be aware of?
Customer: Well he was convicted of domestic battery last year we lost our children to dcfs and we are both working together for are children to come home
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Immigration Lawyer about your situation and connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Jen Marie, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be the immigration attorney helping you today.

I'm so sorry to hear this happened to your husband. He should be able to reach out to you tomorrow and let you know where he is and what is going on. He has likely been taken to the nearest ICE holding facility but he can confirm when he calls. If he does not call you can try to call the nearest facility and ask if he is there.

Secondly. I would suggest that you find an immigration attorney locally as soon as possible. The attorney will be able to enter his/her appearance with the court and then he/she can request a bond hearing with the immigration court immediately to try to get your husband released.

Good luck to you during this process and I hope this answer has helped you!

If you are not satisfied with my answer or if I did not understand your question correctly, please ask me for clarification and I will be glad to clarify. Your satisfaction is my goal.

Please kindly remember to issue a POSITIVE RATING now before you leave this page by choosing from the ratings. This is very important since it is how I receive credit for my service from what you paid.
This question will NOT close after you rate me even though it says "To Finish..". So after rating me, feel free to ask me any follow up questions at no additional cost .

Any bonus you wish to provide will be very appreciated.

If you have other NEW questions in the future, you can make sure that I answer it for you if you start your new question post with the words "FOR JENNIFER " or write it in the Subject Line.