Immigration Law

Immigration Law Questions? Ask an Immigration Lawyer.

Immigration Law

I am a US citizen and we put in an application to immigrate

Customer Question
my sister in 2003. My...
I am a US citizen and we put in an application to immigrate my sister in 2003. My sister currently is a Bolivian citizen by birth and she is planning to become a Costa Rican resident through a work visa.
Would the application for the U.S. green card we have put in be affected if she obtains residency in another country than her own at this time?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Immigration Law
3/10/2016
Immigration Lawyer: Expert James, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Expert James
Expert James, Lawyer

Hello! Thank you for using Just Answer. I am James. I will be assisting you. Please view this as a casual conversation. We will chat back and forth until I have all of the necessary information I need to give you a thorough answer.

Once you have received your answer, you will be asked to rate my customer service. This is very important. I do not get a salary here. Your rating is the only way I get credit for doing my job. So please do not forget to do that by giving me a positive rating with 3 or more stars or any of the smiling faces.

Also, if you want me to be your personal Expert, just write FOR JAMES at the beginning of any future, new questions, and I will be happy to help you as your personal Expert.

If you understand that, please answer the following:

What is the priority date of the petition?

Ely, Counselor at Law