Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

US CITIZEN & PETITIONED BROTHER WHO HAS THREE CHILDREN. THE…

Customer Question
I AM A US...

I AM A US CITIZEN & PETITIONED FOR MY BROTHER WHO HAS THREE CHILDREN. THE OLDEST IS WILL BE 21 IN SEPTEMBER. CAN THIS PETITION BE EXPEDITED TO BE PROCESSED BEFORE SHE TURNS 21!

Lawyer's Assistant: OK. The Immigration Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?

NO

Lawyer's Assistant: Please tell me everything you can about this issue so the Immigration Lawyer can help you best. Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.

I-130 WAS APROVED ON 8/21/1999. This is a brother of a U.S. Citizen 203(a) (4) INA. country is Mexico. Beneficiary has three children included with the petition, but the oldest will soon turn 21 years old. I understand that she will no longer be included with this petition. My question is if there is a possibility to expedite this petition before she turns 21.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Immigration Law
3/9/2016
Immigration Lawyer: Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Judith Ludwic
Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am delighted to answer your questions today. I have 35 years experience as an immigration lawyer.

No the petition cannot be moved ahead of the other petitions filed before yours.

The law is very strict on that and there is simply no jumping to the front of the line.

Your brother will have to file for her after he gets his status. She would not fall under the Child Status Protection Act to lock in her age under 21.

This is very unfortunate because your brother and family have waited this long but that is the law.

Of course, I am sure you understand your positive rating is very important to me as we are not on salary and that is how we receive compensation, you choosing a smiley face or 3+ stars
In the future, you may begin your questions with “FOR JUDITH” and I will be your personal immigration expert.

Judith