Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

My wife was on H4. Then she changed to F1 and completed her…

Customer Question
My wife was on...

My wife was on H4. Then she changed to F1 and completed her masters degree. Then she applied for I-539 Change of Status from F1-H4 on Oct 7, 2015. On Feb 22nd, got a letter saying the application is denied because of travel out of USA on Jan 24, 2016. We had no idea that going out of USA would have any impact.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Immigration Law
3/6/2016
Immigration Lawyer: Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney replied 2 years ago
Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am the immigration attorney helping you today.

I'm sorry this has happened to you, but yes unfortunately if a person departs outside the US during the processing of a change of status, the change of status would be denied due to that. What is your specific question about your situation.

Hello there:

I am just checking in to see if you were able to read the question I sent you. Please let me know the answer so I can help with your question and earn your positive rating.

Thank you.