How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 3956
Experience:  Private practice in several areas, including immigration
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My wife was on H4. Then she changed to F1 and completed her

Customer Question

JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: My wife was on H4. Then she changed to F1 and completed her masters degree. Then she applied for I-539 Change of Status from F1-H4 on Oct 7, 2015. On Feb 22nd, got a letter saying the application is denied because of travel out of USA on Jan 24, 2016. We had no idea that going out of USA would have any impact.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Immigration Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Jen Marie, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am the immigration attorney helping you today.

I'm sorry this has happened to you, but yes unfortunately if a person departs outside the US during the processing of a change of status, the change of status would be denied due to that. What is your specific question about your situation.

Expert:  Jen Marie, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello there:

I am just checking in to see if you were able to read the question I sent you. Please let me know the answer so I can help with your question and earn your positive rating.

Thank you.

Related Immigration Law Questions