How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Judith Ludwic Your Own Question
Judith Ludwic
Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 28827
Experience:  34 years as practicing immigration attorney, with non-immigrant and immigrant visa experience.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Judith Ludwic is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have received my I797C applied on the basis of my

Customer Question

Hello! I have received my I797C applied on the basis of my marriage. Can I apply for the driving license. I stay in California. Or the AB60 driver license?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Judith Ludwic replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am delighted to answer your questions today. I have 35 years experience as an immigration lawyer.

No, a I-797C is issued for the following action:

What is a Form I-797C?

USCIS will send Form I-797C, Notice of Action, to a customer in order to communicate information related to notices of:

  • receipt,
  • rejection,
  • transfer,
  • re-open, and
  • appointment (fingerprint, biometric capture, interview, rescheduled).

It is not an approval notice of welcome letter and is only notification you have filed.

It is insufficient for a CA DL or AB60 which required an APPROVAL NOTICE OR EAD.

See the list below:

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) Issued Documents:

  • American Indian card.
  • U.S. Citizen ID card.
  • Certificate of Naturalization or Citizenship.
  • Northern Mariana card.
  • Permanent Resident/Resident Alien card.
  • Temporary Resident ID card.
  • Nonresident Alien Canadian Border Crossing card.
  • Valid foreign passport with valid Record of Arrival/Departure (Form I-94).
  • Employment Authorization Document (EAD) card.
  • Valid foreign passport stamped "Processed for I-551."
  • Permanent Resident Re-entry Permit.
  • Refugee Travel Document.
  • Valid I-94 stamped "REFUGEE, "PAROLE" or "PAROLEE", "ASYLEE", "HP", "PIP", Section(s) 207, 208, 209, or 212d(2).
  • Valid I-94 with attached photo stamped "Temporary evidence of lawful admission for permanent residence."
  • Notice of Action (I-797 Approved Petition) indicating one (1) of the following:
    Approved extension of stay/change in status granting temporary or permanent residency.

Of course, I am sure you understand your positive rating is very important to me as we are not on salary and that is how we receive compensation, you choosing a smiley face or 3+ stars
In the future, you may begin your questions with “FOR JUDITH” and I will be your personal immigration expert.