Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

I have an online business launched from out of the united…

Customer Question
I have an online business...
I have an online business launched from out of the united state and what I do is getting orders from the customers and send them to the clothes manufacturer in the USA and then it will ship them to the customers in the USAMy question is
Does this affect on my American tourist Visa?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Immigration Law
3/3/2016
Immigration Lawyer: Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Judith Ludwic
Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am delighted to answer your questions today. I have 35 years experience as an immigration lawyer.

Where are the customers?

Where are you paid?

Judith

The customers in the united state, and it's an online business so they pay me by credit cards to my bank account back home

As long as you are not taking orders in the US and you are not shipping the goods and not paid for them in the US, transmitting orders over the internet to the US manufacturer for shipment would not be unlawful employment in the US.

You could not work when you are in the US on your visitor visa, as that would be considered unlawful employment because it is a US manufacturer and and you are performing services in the US for US customers.

Of course, I am sure you understand your positive rating is very important to me as we are not on salary and that is how we receive compensation, you choosing a smiley face or 3+ stars
In the future, you may begin your questions with “FOR JUDITH” and I will be your personal immigration expert.

Judith

well I'm shipping the goods in the US to the US customers, Is it leagle ?

It is legal as long as you do not do this while you are physically in the US and receive no payments through your US bank account.

Judith