How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask KJL LAW Your Own Question
KJL LAW, Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 1381
Experience:  Attorney at law Office of KJLLAW
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
KJL LAW is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I work large organization in US and I am on a L1B Visa. I

Customer Question

I work for a large organization in US and I am on a L1B Visa. I recently changed my role (lateral movement) withing the same organization, but will be utilizing my same skillsets. I will also be working based out of the same location. The legal in my organization is asking me to file a new L1B because of change in title. Not sure if this is required.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  KJL LAW replied 1 year ago.
Good morning. Your employer is correct, an H 1B employer is required to file an amended petition if your job duties change significantly to the extent that the job you are doing is no longer the same as what is identified on the original petition, even if the skill set is the same, it's the job duties that make the difference.
It sounds like they believe the job duties are different and that an amendment should be filed.I hope this helps with your question.