Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

What bona fide evidence do I need to show after being

Customer Question
What bona fide evidence do...
What bona fide evidence do I need to show for naturalization after being married for 3 years? I have joint tax return and some bills under both names. What I do not have is common lease or mortgage. Would they ask for that?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Immigration Law
3/2/2016
Immigration Lawyer: Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Judith Ludwic
Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am delighted to answer your questions today. I have 35 years experience as an immigration lawyer.

When you apply for naturalization you have to show the same type of evidence you needed when you got your conditions removed.

You need to show substantial evidence of you and she cohabitating together and building a life together comingling assets and liabilities.

A lease is one of the backbones of they evidence.

What are your living arrangements?

Judith

Ely, Counselor at Law