Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

I-539 withdrawl, I filed a COS from F1 to H4 application on…

Customer Question
I-539 withdrawl Lawyer's Assistant:...

I-539 withdrawl

Lawyer's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

I filed a COS from F1 to H4 application on October 1, 2015. But then I left the USA on January 2016 while the case is still pending and got my H4 visa in China. I then sent a letter to USCIS to withdraw my case. How long does it take to hear from them about the withdrawl ?

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Immigration Law
3/1/2016
Immigration Lawyer: Guillermo Senmartin, Immigration Attorney replied 2 years ago
Guillermo Senmartin, Immigration Attorney

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 13 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help.

It doesn't matter that you sent the letter. What matters is that you left the U.S. which is an automatic abandonment of the I-539. So no need to do anything else. You can come in with your H-4 valid visa.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! When we are done, if you would be so kind as to leave a positive rating for my service, I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars if you see them, or the smiley faces if you see them. You can even ask additional questions without additional charge even after leaving a positive rating. Thank you for your understanding.

Hello. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!

Hello. I'm just following up with you again to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!