Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

I am also a K1 visa holder, do I still need to file form…

Customer Question
I am also a K1...
I am also a K1 visa holder, do I still need to file form I-130 (petition for alien relative) along with my AOS form I-485?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Immigration Law
3/1/2016
Immigration Lawyer: Guillermo Senmartin, Immigration Attorney replied 2 years ago
Guillermo Senmartin, Immigration Attorney

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 13 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help.

No. You do not as long as you married within the U.S. Citizen that petitioned for you within the 90 day period after you entered the U.S. You would not need to file an I-130, just the I-485, I-131, I-765, G-325A (one for each of you), I-693 and I-864.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! When we are done, if you would be so kind as to leave a positive rating for my service, I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars if you see them, or the smiley faces if you see them. You can even ask additional questions without additional charge even after leaving a positive rating. Thank you for your understanding.

Hello Sheldon. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!

Hello. I'm just following up with you again to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!

Hello Sheldon. I'm just following up with you again to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!

Thank you for your kindness and respect. Good luck to you.