Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

I am in big trouble. My husband was caught in a shoplifting…

Customer Question
hi, I am in big...
hi, I am in big trouble.
My husband was caught in a shoplifting case 13-1805A1 &A5 which is still pending for court appearence as we went to India on emergency. He is now in India for stamping his H4 visa. They sent back the passport with 221g sheet. I am very much afraid that he can travel back to US with valid H4 stamping. They requested the court docuemnts right now.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Immigration Law
2/29/2016
Immigration Lawyer: Guillermo Senmartin, Immigration Attorney replied 2 years ago
Guillermo Senmartin, Immigration Attorney

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 13 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help.

Did he have permission from the judge or prosecutor to travel outside of the jurisdiction? If not, what was the emergency?

I do not know why you are not responding, but you are not charged per question, per response, nor per answer. So after I give you my answer, you can continue to ask me questions without additional charge until you are satisfied. I apologize if it is a site issue that you posted and the post did not go through.

He should have with him to turn in at the visa stamping certified copies of the police report and something that shows that the case is still open. If he gets stamping, he should also have the same certified documents to enter the U.S. IF he left the U.S. without permission, a warrant for his arrest may have issued. So he could be arrested upon entry. He can have an attorney set aside the warrant for him before he comes if he has one, or he can have resolve it after he is detained by asking for a bond hearing.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! When we are done, if you would be so kind as to leave a positive rating for my service, I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars if you see them, or the smiley faces if you see them. You can even ask additional questions without additional charge even after leaving a positive rating. Thank you for your understanding.

Thanks for the response. I was waiting for the immediate response y'day itself. I was getting payment error every time I open, to pay rest. I thought its fraud and I have called another attorney and got more details.

I responded to you within 6 minutes. The administrators don't like for the experts to keep bothering the customers for responses which is why I didn't respond until now. So you are asking for a refund? Or do you still need more help?

Asking for refund pls. Sorry for the inconvenience

No problem. Good luck.

Thank you sir.