Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

If my boyfriend lives in the gambia and I live in the us, is…

Customer Question
if my boyfriend lives in...
if my boyfriend lives in the gambia and I live in the us, is there anyway that we can get a marriage license?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Immigration Law
2/28/2016
Immigration Lawyer: Expert James, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Expert James
Expert James, Lawyer

Hello! Thank you for using Just Answer. I am James. I will be assisting you. Please view this as a casual conversation. We will chat back and forth until I have all of the necessary information I need to give you a thorough answer.

Once you have received your answer, you will be asked to rate my customer service. This is very important. I do not get a salary here. Your rating is the only way I get credit for doing my job. So please do not forget to do that by giving me a positive rating with 3 or more stars or any of the smiling faces.

Also, if you want me to be your personal immigration Expert, just write FOR JAMES at the beginning of any future, new questions, and I will be happy to help you as your personal Expert.

If you understand that, please answer the following:

Marriage licenses are usually issued within days to months or a wedding, and usually only when both persons are present.

Why are you seeking a marriage license now, when you are not ready to get married?

Hi, I’m just checking in to see how things are going. Do you need more help or need me to explain anything else? Please respond so that I know what to do next.