Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

I was scheduled interview to have the conditions removed…

Customer Question
I was scheduled for my...
I was scheduled for my interview to have the conditions removed on my
Greencard. I asked my lawyer if I could reschedule since I had to go abroad and he said it wasn't an issue. I was waiting for a letter with the new date but instead I got a notice of termination and removal. I am devastated. I am still abroad. I have a young US citizen son. Please help.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Immigration Law
2/28/2016
Immigration Lawyer: Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Judith Ludwic
Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer
Hello my name is ***** ***** I am delighted to answer your questions today. I have 35 years experience as an immigration lawyer.You will need to contact your attorney who will need to file a Motion to Re-open with form I-290B based on Service Error.This happens often when the it is requested that an interview be re-scheduled. Most often the written request does not connect with the file. It is a consistent problem with USCIS. Generally it takes just a couple of weeks for the case to be Re-Opened. If your attorney has evidence of the delivery confirmation for your request then he can also make an InfoPass appointment and try to resolve it without the MTR.Of course, I am sure you understand your positive rating is very important to me as we are not on salary and that is how we receive compensation, you choosing a smiley face or 3+ starsIn the future, you may begin your questions with “FOR JUDITH” and I will be your personal immigration expert.Judith