How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Judith Ludwic Your Own Question
Judith Ludwic
Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 29028
Experience:  34 years as practicing immigration attorney, with non-immigrant and immigrant visa experience.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Judith Ludwic is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Judith: I married my exhusband before s I485 was approved.

Customer Question

Hi, Judith:I married my exhusband before his I485 was approved. He used form I-824 for my application. I think this is why the categary on my greencard is EB2. I want to no does this mean my greencard is based on employment , not based on marriage.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Judith Ludwic replied 1 year ago.

OH, yes you were processed as his dependent under his employment based petition and adjustment of status.

That is good because you have not issues with proving a bona fide marriage if that ever came up.

However, you do have to wait the 5 years as I said and file as I recall in January 2017 which is 90 days before your 5 year anniversary date.

Of course, I am sure you understand your positive rating is very important to me as we are not on salary and that is how we receive compensation, you choosing a smiley face or 3+ stars
In the future, you may begin your questions with “FOR JUDITH” and I will be your personal immigration expert.