Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

Judith: I married my exhusband before s I485 was approved.

Customer Question
Hi, Judith:I married my exhusband...
Hi, Judith:I married my exhusband before his I485 was approved. He used form I-824 for my application. I think this is why the categary on my greencard is EB2. I want to no does this mean my greencard is based on employment , not based on marriage.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Immigration Law
2/27/2016
Immigration Lawyer: Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Judith Ludwic
Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer

OH, yes you were processed as his dependent under his employment based petition and adjustment of status.

That is good because you have not issues with proving a bona fide marriage if that ever came up.

However, you do have to wait the 5 years as I said and file as I recall in January 2017 which is 90 days before your 5 year anniversary date.

Of course, I am sure you understand your positive rating is very important to me as we are not on salary and that is how we receive compensation, you choosing a smiley face or 3+ stars
In the future, you may begin your questions with “FOR JUDITH” and I will be your personal immigration expert.

Judith