How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Judith Ludwic Your Own Question
Judith Ludwic
Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 28865
Experience:  34 years as practicing immigration attorney, with non-immigrant and immigrant visa experience.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Judith Ludwic is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have send all my papers to immigration of status on

Customer Question

Hello. I have send all my papers to immigration for change of status on 02/17/2016. And the uscis received it on last Friday. But I have not got any reply from them. It's already a week. Can u please update me that how much time they take to reply me by email or msg or mail.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Judith Ludwic replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am delighted to answer your questions today. I have 35 years experience as an immigration lawyer.

You are being impatient. USCIS takes approximately 2 weeks now to generate the fee receipt.

Did you file a G-1145?


Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have file G 1145. But no response in mail also. So to send me mail they will take two weeks?
Expert:  Judith Ludwic replied 1 year ago.

You will get email notification next week.

Your case goes through a contractor who scans everything into the system and then the case goes to USCIS.

If you do not receive your email or fee receipt next week then your case may be rejected for some reason. I don't know what you filed and what you sent so I cannot speculate about that.

If you want to talk on the phone about the request you filed and documentation you sent, I can give you that service for an small additional fee.

Let me know.

Of course, I am sure you understand your positive rating is very important to me as we are not on salary and that is how we receive compensation, you choosing a smiley face or 3+ stars
In the future, you may begin your questions with “FOR JUDITH” and I will be your personal immigration expert.


Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If my case is rejected than will I get my papers back with the money orders I send them?
Expert:  Judith Ludwic replied 1 year ago.

Yes and a sheet telling you why it was rejected.

You can fix the mistake and then resend it.


Related Immigration Law Questions