Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

I have send all my papers to immigration of status on

Customer Question
Hello. I have send all...
Hello. I have send all my papers to immigration for change of status on 02/17/2016. And the uscis received it on last Friday. But I have not got any reply from them. It's already a week. Can u please update me that how much time they take to reply me by email or msg or mail.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Immigration Law
2/27/2016
Immigration Lawyer: Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Judith Ludwic
Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am delighted to answer your questions today. I have 35 years experience as an immigration lawyer.

You are being impatient. USCIS takes approximately 2 weeks now to generate the fee receipt.

Did you file a G-1145?

Judith

I have
I have file G 1145. But no response in mail also. So to send me mail they will take two weeks?

You will get email notification next week.

Your case goes through a contractor who scans everything into the system and then the case goes to USCIS.

If you do not receive your email or fee receipt next week then your case may be rejected for some reason. I don't know what you filed and what you sent so I cannot speculate about that.

If you want to talk on the phone about the request you filed and documentation you sent, I can give you that service for an small additional fee.

Let me know.

Of course, I am sure you understand your positive rating is very important to me as we are not on salary and that is how we receive compensation, you choosing a smiley face or 3+ stars
In the future, you may begin your questions with “FOR JUDITH” and I will be your personal immigration expert.

Judith

If my case is rejected than will I get my papers back with the money orders I send them?

Yes and a sheet telling you why it was rejected.

You can fix the mistake and then resend it.

Judith

Judith Ludwic
Judith Ludwic
Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer