How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jen Marie, Esq. Your Own Question
Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 4729
Experience:  She has worked on all types of U.S. Immigration cases since 2007.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Jen Marie, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Im about to apply O-1 visa as a musician. I have a question

Customer Question

Im about to apply for an O-1 visa as a musician. I have a question regarding agents and employers. I'm a musician and I have a US petitioner which is my agent. The agent IS NOT my employer. I have 1 employer that is going to hire my services for the length of the visa and we are signed on a letter that states the nature of the employment, terms and that the employer agrees that my petitioner will be his agent for immigration purposes. My question is - I read that agents can petition O-1B visas as non employers agent if they represent multiple employers. In my case I have only 1 employer and not multiple. Is it possible file and O-1 petition with an US agent (non employer agent) as petitioner with only single employer? Thank you
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Jen Marie, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I Will be the immigration attorney helping you today.

Yes, that is possible A US, non employer, agent can file for what is called "traditionally self-employed" workers which means someone just working for one employer.

Good luck to you during this process and I hope this answer has helped you!

If you are not satisfied with my answer or if I did not understand your question correctly, please ask me for clarification and I will be glad to clarify. Your satisfaction is my goal.

Please kindly remember to issue a POSITIVE RATING now before you leave this page by choosing from the ratings. This is very important since it is how I receive credit for my service from what you paid.
This question will NOT close after you rate me even though it says "To Finish..". So after rating me, feel free to ask me any follow up questions at no additional cost .

Any bonus you wish to provide will be very appreciated.

If you have other NEW questions in the future, you can make sure that I answer it for you if you start your new question post with the words "FOR JENNIFER " or write it in the Subject Line.

Expert:  Jen Marie, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello again.. I am just checking in to see if you were able to read my answer to you and if you had any follow up questions I can help with. Hopefully I have earned your positive rating and you can come back to issue the rating. Thanks!

Related Immigration Law Questions