Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

Im about to apply O-1 visa as a musician. I have a question…

Customer Question
Im about to apply for...
Im about to apply for an O-1 visa as a musician. I have a question regarding agents and employers. I'm a musician and I have a US petitioner which is my agent. The agent IS NOT my employer. I have 1 employer that is going to hire my services for the length of the visa and we are signed on a letter that states the nature of the employment, terms and that the employer agrees that my petitioner will be his agent for immigration purposes. My question is - I read that agents can petition O-1B visas as non employers agent if they represent multiple employers. In my case I have only 1 employer and not multiple. Is it possible file and O-1 petition with an US agent (non employer agent) as petitioner with only single employer? Thank you
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Immigration Law
2/25/2016
Immigration Lawyer: Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney replied 2 years ago
Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I Will be the immigration attorney helping you today.

Yes, that is possible A US, non employer, agent can file for what is called "traditionally self-employed" workers which means someone just working for one employer.

Good luck to you during this process and I hope this answer has helped you!

If you are not satisfied with my answer or if I did not understand your question correctly, please ask me for clarification and I will be glad to clarify. Your satisfaction is my goal.

Please kindly remember to issue a POSITIVE RATING now before you leave this page by choosing from the ratings. This is very important since it is how I receive credit for my service from what you paid.
This question will NOT close after you rate me even though it says "To Finish..". So after rating me, feel free to ask me any follow up questions at no additional cost .

Any bonus you wish to provide will be very appreciated.

If you have other NEW questions in the future, you can make sure that I answer it for you if you start your new question post with the words "FOR JENNIFER " or write it in the Subject Line.

Hello again.. I am just checking in to see if you were able to read my answer to you and if you had any follow up questions I can help with. Hopefully I have earned your positive rating and you can come back to issue the rating. Thanks!