Immigration Law

Immigration Law Questions? Ask an Immigration Lawyer.

Immigration Law

Ok my mom passed march4 2011.I was talking to a guy Lynn he

Customer Question
Ok my mom passed march4...
Ok my mom passed march4 2011.I was talking to a guy Jeffrey Lynn Anderson he lives in spring Texas son name is Wayne ***** ***** .The father got a contract to go to Africa largos nigira I know sounds like a scammer but 5 years later .A Lot has happened he over stayed visa due to son sickness I have been sendingmoney to pay motel and food I have no more money.He is useing someone ph name ***** ***** ph# *****(###) ###-####I begging for help to bring this man to usa or find out .who or what to do my name is*****(###) ###-####
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Immigration Law
2/25/2016
Immigration Lawyer: Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 13 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help.

So you have not met this person in person before, only over the internet, Skype, etc.?

I do not know why you are not responding, but you are not charged per question, per response, nor per answer. So after I give you my answer, you can continue to ask me questions without additional charge until you are satisfied. I apologize if it is a site issue that you posted and the post did not go through.

Be very careful with this. These are generally romance scams. We get at least two or three questions like this on the website per week.

Normally the scam starts with trying to establish a romantic relationship, perhaps just a friendship at first. They also may claim to be a citizen of the UK or US or wherever so that you would not suspect they have any ulterior motive. They pull at your heartstrings by telling stories of hardship or tragedy that they have suffered in their life. At some point they want to come visit. They may ask you to send money for a passport and/or plane ticket. They may tell you that they have money, perhaps even that they are wealthy, but their money is tied up or something like that, perhaps they tie it into a tragedy or something. Then the next step is when they supposedly have the passport and plane ticket, they suddenly come up with this Basic Travel Allowance or (BTA) which is supposedly to show authorities that they have enough money to fund their trip. This is a lie. There is no such thing. They ask you to send that money so they can put it into a bank account to show the authorities. This is just another method to steal money from you. Then the next part of the scam would be when they are supposed to arrive. You wait for them at the airport and they never show up. A few days go by, you get extremely worried, none of your methods of communication work, and then suddenly a "friend" or "relative" of the scammer contacts you to let you know that she has been detained/arrested by authorities for carrying something illegal, I have heard of unregistered gold and they say it would have been a gift for you (perhaps to pay you back for the money you sent). The friend or relative of the scammer then asks for you to send money to bribe or pay fines in order to have the scammer released. From there, I have not heard of how else they are able to get money out of people. Of course there are variations to the scheme, but that's pretty much how it goes.

Here is a link that you can go to for more information:

http://ghana.usembassy.gov/romance_scam.html (yes, it is a link from the U.S. Embassy in Ghana, but it applies to all different countries and I have seen this scam come from Russia, the Ukraine, Nigeria, many other countries, and yes, even the Philippines).

And here is another link from the government of Ghana:

http://www.ghanaimmigration.org/FAQ.html

and another:

http://travel.state.gov/pdf/international_financial_scams_brochure.pdf

and another:

http://travel.state.gov/travel/cis_pa_tw/financial_scams/financial_scams_4554.html?action=/travel/cis_pa_tw/cis/cis_960.html

and another from the U.S. Embassy in Moscow:

http://moscow.usembassy.gov/dating-scams.html

and one more:

http://romancescams.org/

Whatever you do, do NOT send money.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! When we are done, if you would be so kind as to leave a positive rating for my service, I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars if you see them, or the smiley faces if you see them. You can even ask additional questions without additional charge even after leaving a positive rating. Thank you for your understanding.

Hello Connie. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!

Hello Connie. I see that you are seeing my responses and it is not fair that you blame me for this bad news. I am trying to keep you from getting into trouble. I know how you feel because I almost fell into this sort of trap once before myself. If you need more convincing, please look at the following and not so much my responses that are the same, but the different stories:

http://professional.justanswer.com/chat/index/a116cc5ada974611a142860e0838397b

http://professional.justanswer.com/chat/index/5f0d723523b74a1a9a9830634bb4005d

http://professional.justanswer.com/chat/index/5314905e8f6d45ed95bb8780f48bd479

http://professional.justanswer.com/chat/index/bfaa792a9298460c95bd08fd3f019819

These are all examples of people that said that they owed something and they were asking the U.S. Citizen for help. Please be careful. Do NOT send money!

Let me know if you need anything else, but please do not forget to rate me positively. You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars if you see them, or the smiley faces if you see them. Thank you!

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
He said that he and his son want have food because I can't send money..I told him to let me get someone to get him home.He don't want to be on TV .lol I just have to let it go but what if he is telling the truth and.You right he is not real💔😢You😂😂👋

Connie, it is a scam. I am trying to keep you out of trouble. I ask that you not blame me for this. I almost fell into this myself so I know how you feel. If he is a U.S. Citizen like he says he is, he can contact the U.S. Embassy or Consulate where he is at and they can purchase a return trip ticket for him and his son so that they can get home and he will just have to repay the U.S. government at a later time. He will not be on TV or anything like that because that really is not news worthy. People don't care about that. Here is an official link:

https://travel.state.gov/content/passports/en/emergencies/financial-assistance.html

So give him that and do NOT send money to him. Let him deal with the U.S. government. You will see he will find another excuse. This is because it is a scam and he just wants to steal your money.

Please don't forget that positive rating. I only keep mentioning it because if you can believe it, about 30% of people on this site don't leave a positive rating and since I am not given a salary to be here, it's as if I spent my time responding for free. So you can understand, that's like working 40 hours per week, 5 days a week and not being compensated for every Friday and most Thursdays. Talk about unfair! So I hope you leave that positive rating. Your question does not close if you forgot to ask something. You aren't charged again if you respond on the same thread. Thank you for your understanding.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Yeah you right he has a lot of excuse

I am sorry to hear that, Connie. I hope you didn't send any money. Let me know if you need anything else, but please do not forget to leave a positive rating. It's the only way the website will compensate me. Thank you!

Hello Connie. I'm just following up with you again to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!

Hello. I'm just following up with you again to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!

Hello Connie. How did this finally work out for you?

Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.