How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask KJL LAW Your Own Question
KJL LAW, Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 1362
Experience:  Attorney at law Office of KJLLAW
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
KJL LAW is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am currently a culinary intern in the Kentucky. The

Customer Question

Hi, I am currently a culinary intern in the Kentucky. The company we're working for right now wants us to come back. Is it possible that we be able to come back as soon as possible by applying for another J1-visa, this time as trainee? Thank you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What are our other options? We talked to an agency back home and they said we can come back in a month or two in kentucky with a j1 trainee visa but we cannot work at the same hotel anymore ? Would that be true even if the host company itself wants us to come back?
Expert:  KJL LAW replied 1 year ago.

Good morning. Your current J-1 visa is ONLY applicable for your current J-1 exchange program and under your current program sponsor, the hotel. If you completed your current J-1 program, under the law you are expected to depart the United States.

You can pursue a 2nd J-1 exchange program (in a different category and with a different J-1 sponsor), will need to apply for a new J-1 visa for your new exchange program and new J-1 sponsor – in order to reenter the U.S. for the 2nd program.

Related Immigration Law Questions