Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

My name is ***** ***** Ochei, ok let me summarise my story…

Customer Question
Hello my name is...

Hello my name is ***** ***** Ochei

Lawyer's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

Ok let me summarise my story my wife was meant to birth in the US by april 2016 she got her vise nov2015 visa* i tried applying on monday 22nd feb 2016 i was denied and applied again on 24th from the first reaction of the VO seeing that i was already intervied and denied on the 22nd she didnt giv me a chance to explain myself and told me my wifes visa had been cancelled we've been down bcos she cancelled bcos of me

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Immigration Law
2/25/2016
Immigration Lawyer: Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Judith Ludwic
Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am delighted to answer your questions today. I have 35 years experience as an immigration lawyer.

What is your question?

Judith

Take me to the page
ok let me summarise my story my wife was meant to birth in the US by april 2016 she got her vise nov2015 visa* i tried applying on monday 22nd feb 2016 i was denied and applied again on24th from the first reaction of the VO seeing that i was already intervied and denied on the 22nd she didnt giv me a chance to explain myself and told me my wifes visa had been cancelled we've been down bcos she cancelled bcos of me
are u there though ?

I am here. I am helping many customers at the same time and take questions in order of receipt.

Did you tell the consul your wife was having a baby here in April?

Are you saying your wife entered with a Border Crossing Card?

I am not clear on what the BCOS is.

Judith

i told the consul she's having a baby in April and no she has not even entered the US

Unfortunately you made a huge mistake by trying to get a visa to come to the US to give birth.

The US does not recognize coming to the US for having a baby as a valid tourist purpose. They call this having an "anchor" baby because you are coming here solely to have the child recognized as a US citizen so that the child may one day then get you a green card.

It is against US laws to do this.

You and your wife will have to have the baby in home country and try to apply again for your BCC after the baby is born.

The only exception to this is if this is a medically complicated pregnancy where her or the baby's life is in danger if she is not able to utilize the advanced medical procedures available in the US.

If you can get a letter from the doctor that she is an "at risk" pregnancy and cannot safely deliver in your country because it does not have adequate facilities to handle the crisis, then you and your wife can re-apply based on medical need.

Of course, I am sure you understand your positive rating is very important to me as we are not on salary and that is how we receive compensation, you choosing a smiley face or 3+ stars
In the future, you may begin your questions with “FOR JUDITH” and I will be your personal immigration expert.

Judith