Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney
Experience:  She has worked on all types of U.S. Immigration cases since 2007.
28679807

I am currently in US and working on a H1B visa I got an

Customer Question

I am currently in US and working on a H1B visa
I got an offer from another company. They have already prepared the H1B transfer docs to be filed at the USCIS.
I got to know that my current employer wants me to come back to India in 2 weeks to work on a new project
When i asked the New company's legal they said they have to amend the process with 'notify consul'. I can re-enter US once they get the approval.
Please advise is the 'notify consul' a different process? Is there a risk involved ?
Thanks
Pradosh
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Jen Marie, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello Pradosh, my name is ***** ***** I Will be the immigration attorney helping you today. Thank you for your question and congratulations on the new job.

The only difference is that you will have to present your new H1B documents at the US consulate/embassy during an interview in India when you are ready to return to the US. There is always a risk of denial as nothing is guaranteed when it comes to immigration processes in the US, but if it is a valid application and prepared correctly and you qualify, then there should not be an issue with you returning to the US once you're done.

Good luck to you during this process and I hope this answer has helped you!

If you are not satisfied with my answer or if I did not understand your question correctly, please ask me for clarification and I will be glad to clarify. Your satisfaction is my goal.

Please kindly remember to issue a POSITIVE RATING now before you leave this page by choosing from the ratings. This is very important since it is how I receive credit for my service from what you paid.
This question will NOT close after you rate me even though it says "To Finish..". So after rating me, feel free to ask me any follow up questions at no additional cost .

Any bonus you wish to provide will be very appreciated.

If you have other NEW questions in the future, you can make sure that I answer it for you if you start your new question post with the words "FOR JENNIFER " or write it in the Subject Line.

Hello again.. I am just checking in to see if you were able to read my answer to you and if you had any follow up questions I can help with. Hopefully I have earned your positive rating and you can come back to issue the rating. Thanks!