Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice in several areas, including immigration
7286322

How do I get a certified translation of chilean death

Customer Question

How do I get a certified translation of chilean death certificate.
Fernando Garc�a
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

1) Get a certified copy from Chile by contacting the Civil Registry and Identification Service in Chile - the Servicio de Registro Civil e Identificación - HERE. While often USCIS allows photocopies, it is BEST to have certified originals if translating.

2) Then, the certified copy must be translated into English. USCIS requires submissions of "certified translations for all foreign language documents." The translator is recommended to be licensed in Chile or USA, and must attach a translation certificate to the translation - see below for an example.

Certification by Translator

I [typed name], certify that I am fluent (conversant) in the English and ________ languages, and that the above/attached document is an accurate translation of the document attached entitled ______________________________.

Signature_________________________________

Date

Typed Name

Address

I hope this helps and clarifies. Please use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please RATE when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Kindly rate my answer as one of TOP THREE FACES/STARS and then SUBMIT, as this is how experts get credit for our time. Rating my answer the bottom two faces/stars (or failing to submit the rating) does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith with a positive rating.

Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.
Hello again. This is a courtesy check in to see if you needed anything else in regards ***** ***** question because you never responded or replied positively. I am simply touching base. Let me know. Thanks!