Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

I had a question regarding my parents visit to USA. They…

Customer Question
Hello, I had a question regarding...
I had a question regarding my parents visit to USA.
They have multiple entry USA visa.
They (both of them) are planning to visit USA from July 2016 to Jan 2017 (less than 6 months duration) on a round trip ticket.
Question:
My dad due to emergent business reasons if wants to go back to india in between those 6 months of US stay, can he do so after buying a new round trip ticket ??
Also, in this case would he be able to go back to india (with my mother) on the initially bought round trip ticket (second leg from USA to India in Jan 2017)
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Immigration Law
2/21/2016
Immigration Lawyer: Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Judith Ludwic
Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am delighted to answer your questions today. I have 35 years experience as an immigration lawyer.

Yes, he could re-enter the US at the discretion of the Custom's agent if he is able to establish the business necessity requiring him to make a sooner return trip to India and that he does not intend to stay beyond the original end date of stay.

If he returns and asks for an additional 6 months after already spending a month or 2 here that would be a total of 8 or so months in the US within a 12 month period and that is frowned upon.

So he needs to ask for a stay for only the time remaining out of 6 months to not run into trouble with a denied entry.

I don't understand this question.

Of course, I am sure you understand your positive rating is very important to me as we are not on salary and that is how we receive compensation, you choosing a smiley face or 3+ stars
In the future, you may begin your questions with “FOR JUDITH” and I will be your personal immigration expert.

Judith

Judith Ludwic
Judith Ludwic
Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer