Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

My husband and I get married in Jamaica in 2013 I filed, he…

Customer Question
My husband and I get...
My husband and I get married in Jamaica in 2013 I filed for him, he came to the US on 8/22/16 all alone we was so looking until he get his green card in November, then he get a job, I CE home from work Friday and I saw a woman texting him and calling him honey, sweetheart etc, I ask him about it and he get mad at me in a disrespectful way, anyway I get off work last night and my husband move out everything and feel me
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Immigration Law
2/21/2016
Immigration Lawyer: Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Judith Ludwic
Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am delighted to answer your questions today. I have 35 years experience as an immigration lawyer.

I'm so sorry.

I appears he used you!

Did he come on a 2 year or 10 year green card?

Judith

He got a 10 year greencard about mid November, then get get his ID cards and a job around 3 weeks ago.
As soon as he get his job all of a soon as he get the job, he hardly speak to me, he would stay up in the night texting his girlfriend upon til I get off work at 10:30 pm every night, on Friday he leaves his phone careless and she text him and was calling him honey, baby etc, so he grab the phone oit of my hands keep on telling me that he was talking to her because he knew me.

The only thing you can do is to make an appointment through InfoPass with the local USCIS field office and give the a statement about what your husband has done.

It is very rare for USCIS to re-open a petition on the grounds of fraud unless you have evidence of him engaging in cheating on you.

Since I assume he has the phone you don't have access to the text messages he exchanged with the other woman. And although the presumption is that he fraudulently entered the US and just used you for the green card, there is no proof.

One thing I want to ask and make certain, when he was disrespectful towards you did he physically attack you, any physical contact that was harmful or threatening?

Judith

I held on to the phone because I wanted to finish scroll through the conversation and he push me on the bed and was sit on top of my stomach just to get his phone out of my hands.
He was so mad he was in a bad rage then he went outside to make a call, right now I'm suffering from stress, I haven't slept from Friday until now.

You can go to the police and file a complaint against him for domestic violence if he did that.

If he is convicted of a charge of domestic violence the USCIS will bring removal charges against him because that is considered a very serious crime.

If you decide to bring those charges against him you should take a copy of the police report with you to the USCIS when you go to make your statement that he married you only for the green card.

Go to this link to make you appointment with USCIS.

https://infopass.uscis.gov/

Yes I understand you are very stressed and upset and also frightened because of his rage. You may want to also ask the police about a restraining order to keep him away from you.

Of course, I am sure you understand your positive rating is very important to me as we are not on salary and that is how we receive compensation, you choosing a smiley face or 3+ stars
In the future, you may begin your questions with “FOR JUDITH” and I will be your personal immigration expert.

Judith