Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

I just started a new job in another on the 15 and have an…

Customer Question
I just started a...

I just started a new job in another on the 15 and have an I751 interview set for the 2nd. I t requires me to travel to my old address and that will mean i will have to request my empoyer to give me 3 days off which i am worried might not go well. Can i reschedule i751 interview for that reason and then change address to have interview in new state?

Lawyer's Assistant: OK. To minimize me, please click the down arrow at the top right corner of this box. OK. To minimize me, please click the down arrow at the top right corner of this box. The Immigration Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?

Not yet. i just want to know if its worth exploring

Lawyer's Assistant: Is there anything else the Immigration Lawyer should be aware of?

I sent an RFE end of last year and the letter still says to bring all the documentation. no indication that something is missing

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Immigration Law
2/21/2016
Immigration Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 2 years ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

You can request to reschedule the interview. However, it is strongly suggested that you try to keep your current interview date because if you change it, it may be quite a while before you get another interview date. But if there is a likelihood that you would miss the interview because your current employer will not cooperate, then you need to make the request to reschedule the interview following the instructions on your Notice for the Interview.