Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

I have one question?i filled my application

Customer Question
Hi i have one question?i...
Hi i have one question?i filled my application for citizenship but the person who help me put a wrong anwer I own 1000 on my taxes but I'm on a payment aggrement,but she puts "no " on the question,so I will have my interview next week what I have to do o tell them on my interview?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Immigration Law
2/20/2016
Immigration Lawyer: Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Judith Ludwic
Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer
Hello my name is ***** ***** I am delighted to answer your questions today. I have 35 years experience as an immigration lawyer.No problem, relax. You have an opportunity to amend your application before the officer when being interviewed.As soon as you are sworn in and seated and before you are asked to review your answers on the N-400 you need to initiate the disclosure of the mistaken checked box and ask that it be corrected to "YES".You then need to offer to the examiner the explanation and present to them a copy of your payment agreement you have with the IRS.This is not going to be grounds for a denial if you bring it up to the examiner immediately and request to be allowed to amend that question on the application. This happens all the time. All the law requires is that you have a pyment agreement and evidence that you have made payments as scheduled. So take with you evidence of you making timely payments per the agreement.Of course, I am sure you understand your positive rating is very important to me as we are not on salary and that is how we receive compensation, you choosing a smiley face or 3+ starsIn the future, you may begin your questions with “FOR JUDITH” and I will be your personal immigration expert.Judith
Judith Ludwic
Judith Ludwic
Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer