Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

My wife does not have a card
, my wife and I was

Customer Question
My wife does not...

My wife does not have a green card

Lawyer's Assistant: The Immigration Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?

My wife and I was married in Germany I pcs to state her and my children was on my orders.in 1985 we immigration new Orleans and only had to take the physical but we were I car accident and she lost the baby and that she became sick where she had to be put blood tenner and immigration refuse do the physical.so what can I do. she is still on the medication and more she cannot fly on no plan because of her lungs

Lawyer's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Immigration Lawyer should know?

She have never work in the united states and she has heart problem .all paper work was turn in at immigration in new Orleans she has been this medication for 31 years. I would like to know could she be deported what can ido

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Immigration Law
2/19/2016
Immigration Lawyer: Guillermo Senmartin, Immigration Attorney replied 2 years ago
Guillermo Senmartin, Immigration Attorney

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 13 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help.

You are a U.S. Citizen?

I do not know why you are not responding, but you are not charged per question, per response, nor per answer. So after I give you my answer, you can continue to ask me questions without additional charge until you are satisfied. I apologize if it is a site issue that you posted and the post did not go through.

I will assume you are a U.S. Citizen and your spouse entered the U.S. legally and was inspected by a CBP officer. Please let me know if any of that is incorrect. It seems to me like you just have to refile all over again. Refiling includes the following forms: I-130 (Petition for family member), I-485 (application for Lawful Permanent Residency), I-765 (Application for work permit), I-131 (Application for Advance Parole), G-325a (Biographic data - one for each of you), I-693 (Medical exam that a certified doctor must fill out), and I-864 (Affidavit of support). You will need to file each form with supporting evidence and appropriate filing fees. You can find these forms at www.uscis.gov/forms.

The supporting evidence that you would file would be birth certificates, marriage certificate, divorce certificates if either of you have been married previously, proof of your U.S. Citizenship, proof of your spouse's legal entry into the U.S., and financial documents to prove your income over the last year at least.

In about 3 to 5 months after filing, she should get a work permit and Advance Parole. About 5 to 7 months after filing you should get an interview (though now it is taking longer, so maybe closer to 7 to 9 months). If all goes well, a few weeks later she should get a Residency status (green card).

Please let me know if you have any additional questions as I will be happy to respond, but because this case is the type of case that I love to handle, I will now send you a low-cost offer so that I can pass on my personal phone number and email. I cannot discuss pricing on an open forum, but if you accept, you will see I have multiple services available to you from document review to full representation and all at very reasonable prices. You won't be disappointed as these are my favorite cases to do and have been doing them for many years. If you decline, no problem, you can ask additional questions without any additional charge. But PLEASE remember to leave a positive rating for me. You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars if you see them, or the smiley faces if you see them. Also, a bonus is always appreciated if you feel I earned it. And finally, your question does NOT close just because you leave a positive rating. I can still answer additional questions for you without additional charge. Thank you for your understanding.