Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

My husband was denied s visa under law 212 (a)(9)(c)(1) and…

Customer Question
Hi My husband was...

Hi My husband was denied his visa under law 212 (a)(9)(c)(1) and 212(a)(9)(b)(1) and i'm wondering if i can file the 1-601 waiver

Lawyer's Assistant: The Immigration Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?

No the lawyer that i had filed his waiver with her employee had told us not to mention that he had left the country and came back and well it came up in his interview that he flew out of the u.s.

Lawyer's Assistant: Please tell me everything you can about this issue so the Immigration Lawyer can help you best. Is there anything else the Immigration Lawyer should be aware of?

Well he has no prior offenses and right now im losing my apartment have no money and my child currently has to be put on a nebulizer form time to time for issues with his lungs

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Immigration Law
2/17/2016
Immigration Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Immigration Law Answer Team replied 2 years ago
Law Educator, Esq., Immigration Law Answer Team
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Under 212(a)(9)(c)(1), which is unauthorized presence with a prior violation, no waiver of inadmissibility is available under the law. So as long as that is a violation, even though for 212(9)(b)(1) could possibly acquire a waiver, he cannot get a waiver because of the first count.
You need to get him another lawyer to fight the 212(a)(9)(c)(1) charge against him, because as long as Immigration says he violated that, you cannot seek a waiver.