Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

My case of cancellation of removal is pending the could 'nt…

Customer Question
My case of cancellation of...
My case of cancellation of removal is pending the could 'nt granted my case because of the visas cap so it Been 13 months I'm on the line but now my mother pass on if anyway I get documents to travel out on USA
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Immigration Law
2/17/2016
Immigration Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Immigration Law Answer Team replied 2 years ago
Law Educator, Esq., Immigration Law Answer Team

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

If you leave the country while waiting on your cancellation of removal and visa approval, then you lose your status and place on the list and you would not be readmitted to the US without going through the visa process again. The death of a parent is not grounds for the cancellation of removal to continue if you leave I am afraid. You have to remain in the US or will not be readmitted without going through the visa process again, since this is a special relief to remain in the US.

I just see your reply so the cap has been reach for fy 2016 what the name of the visa of cancellation of removal

Thank you for your reply.

The name of the process is still a cancellation of removal and as far as the visa type that depends on the type of visa you are seeking or the type of visa you were originally here on.

Thanks you still didn't tell if they reach the cap for fy 2016
I file the eoir 29